Syntax offers a full array of advanced index solutions
Syntax Indices operates one of the most sophisticated index development platforms available today. Backed by top level investment know-how and Syntax’s proprietary technologies, Syntax Indices is able to create indices that precisely match investment objectives.
Syntax’s suite of over 600 sector-based indices tracks market performance using groups from its proprietary FIS classification system that range from broad top-level sectors to granular business segments and activities within a sub-industry.Learn more
Syntax has developed its own proprietary set of up-to-date Benchmark Indices that mirror the performance of the commonly used benchmarks.Learn more
Stratified Weight Indices
Syntax's proprietary Stratified Weight Indices unravel the inefficiencies embedded in capitalization weighted indices to present an optimal solution for balancing risk and reward.Learn more
Using proprietary Affinity analytics, Syntax develops Thematic Indices that capture emerging and evolving market trends with pinpoint accuracy in a timely fashion.Learn more
Syntax works with a range of clients, including ETF issuers, institutions, and family offices to develop Custom Indices that precisely fit their needs.Learn more
Syntax uses a vast array of data and proprietary data sets to develop a growing range of ESG, SRI, and SDG Indices that reflect prevailing responsible investment goals.Learn more
Tax Efficient Indices
Syntax uses proprietary tax loss harvesting algorithms to create Tax Efficient Indices without compromising overall performance objectives.Learn more
Stratified Weight Indices use Syntax's unique classification approach to target more effective diversification. By reweighting major benchmark indices to spread weight more equally across business risk exposures, Stratified Weight Indices seek to provide a more diversified measure of equity markets.
- Syntax Stratified LargeCap Index
- Syntax Stratified MidCap Index
- Syntax Stratified SmallCap Index
- Syntax Stratified Core Index
- Syntax Stratified 1000 Index
- Syntax Stratified Financials Index
- Syntax Stratified Energy Index
- Syntax Stratified Industrials Index
- Syntax Stratified Information Tools Index
- Syntax Stratified Information Index
Syntax constructs targeted thematic investments designed to provide narrow exposure to particular market themes, identified using Syntax's unique Functional Information Systems technology.
- Syntax Battery and Energy Storage Composite Index
- Syntax Battery and Energy Storage Index
- Syntax Bio Revolution Composite Index
- Syntax Bio Revolution Index
- Syntax Clean Energy Composite Index
- Syntax Clean Energy Index
- Syntax Cloud Compute Composite Index
- Syntax Cloud Compute Index
- Syntax Cyber Security Composite Index
- Syntax Cyber Security Index
- Syntax Defensive Composite Index
- Syntax Defensive Index
- Syntax Digital Health Composite Index
- Syntax Digital Health Index
- Syntax E-Commerce Composite Index
- Syntax E-Commerce Index
- Syntax Inflation Beneficiaries Composite Index
- Syntax Inflation Beneficiaries Index
- Syntax Infrastructure Composite Index
- Syntax Infrastructure Index
- Syntax Internet of Things Ecosystem Composite Index
- Syntax Internet of Things Ecosystem Index
- Syntax North America Technology Revolution Index
- Syntax Real Asset Ecosystem Composite Index
- Syntax Real Asset Ecosystem Index
- Syntax Real Asset Index
- Syntax SaaS Composite Index
- Syntax SaaS Index
- Syntax US Medical Innovation Index
Syntax Indices works with a range of clients in the custom index space, helping them exploit high value data sets, leverage broad distribution capabilities, and implement targeted investment objectives. Syntax’s development team has long-term experience in index creation, having developed indices that serve as the underlying for financial products holding over $20 billion.
Syntax’s proprietary FIS technology enables developers to classify stocks across multiple characteristics with speed and accuracy, facilitating a seamless and rapid development process.
Syntax’s index methodologies conform to the regulatory guidelines that govern the issuance of financial products in both the US and Europe. Importantly, Syntax’ back-tests are precise and entirely transparent.
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies Index
- Syntax PharmaShares AbbVie-Humira Index
- Texas Capital Texas Equity Index
- Texas Capital Texas Small Cap Equity Index
Syntax employs proprietary ESG business involvement data derived from regulatory filings as well as supplemental data sourced from multiple third-party providers. This wealth of data, covering nearly 10,000 public companies worldwide facilitates both negative and positive screening protocols as well as ESG scoring and rating.
Syntax’s data management and index development teams are experienced in creating best in breed ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) Indices as well as indices based on SRI (Socially Responsible Investing) and SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) principles.
- Syntax Stratified LargeCap ESG Index
- Syntax U.S. Social Core Tier 1 Index
- Syntax U.S. Social Core Tier 2 Index
Syntax can develop and calculate custom tax-advantaged indices designed to minimize tax impact without materially altering performance characteristics.
Syntax applies a consistent tax loss harvesting methodology to minimize both short- and long-term capital gains. Using proprietary FIS technology, Syntax developers are able to identify replacement stocks with a high degree of accuracy based on both companies’ unique revenue streams and a range of quantitative measures.
Access additional index resources including documentation around methodologies, governance, schedules and formats.View Resources